Maths exploration- typing vs writing

Siddhakshi

Why would you want to hand write it when you can just type it?

My exploration is based majorly on integration, so it gets difficult to type it all out, especially the derivation of the equations and all. I'm not the most tech savvy person and it takes ages for me to type maths. I'd rather write the equations since it's getting sent as a hard copy anyways.

My exploration is based majorly on integration, so it gets difficult to type it all out, especially the derivation of the equations and all. I'm not the most tech savvy person and it takes ages for me to type maths. I'd rather write the equations since it's getting sent as a hard copy anyways.

If I were a teacher or an IB examiner, I wouldn't mind having students hand-write all those complex mathematical equations. It's after all a mathematics paper, so it wouldn't make sense to punish students for that. However, i'm neither a teacher nor an examiner, so your best bet is to directly ask your IB-coordinator, who has the possibility of asking those who are in charge at the IB headquarter.

• Like 1

check with your teacher (or even your IB Coordinator), but it should be fine. However, since a digital copy needs to be submitted, I would scan the handwritten parts and add them to your word document or similar (so instead of typing the equations, you put the scanned version where they ought to be).