IOP on Frankenstein and Pop culture/modern film

lmboyer04

Hello all, I'd like some feedback on my HL English Lit IOP idea which is coming up soon. If you like it, please throw out some comments/sub-ideas to help spitball/brainstorm talking points for me.

I want to discuss how the book Frankenstein affected all books in the horror genre if not started it in the first place. Secondarily, I want to tie this into modern ideas like halloween and films and how these are all still reminiscient of frankenstein, especially looking through the lens of film noir as a stepping stone. Noir definitely has themes of the dark side of humanity and questioning the good side of man. Practically all modern films stem from this idea in some way or another. This will bring cultural understanding of the work as well as further relevant interest to students.

Thanks. Thoughts?

Despite IB's encouragement of having creative presentation in the IOP, your presentation should focus on the canon and it is more difficult if you bring out other literary/dramatic works. Say for example "Lion King" is based off of "Hamlet", but you see it is quite difficult to do an IOP on Hamlet if all you are going to talk about is the Lion King. It's definitely not impossible, but you are likely to go astray. 

• Like 1