Politics EE- Ritual slaughter (RQ help)

LittleDeer

Hello, could you help me with my RQ? I decided to write about ritual slaughter (halal and kosher) in Poland, most likely. 

My RQ is now "Should the ritual slaughter be banned in Poland?"

I know the question isn't very well formulated. Perhaps it would sound better with "To what extent.." rather than "should"? Or do you have any other ideas?

Also, do you think it's narrow enough? I suppose it would be better to add some more details, right? Like, "religious freedom before or after animal rights?" 

Do you have ANY advices? 

Any feedback is appreciated.

Edited by LittleDeer

Alright, first of all you may want to find something other than "ritual slaughter." It implies barbarism and Halal and Kosher are very important Muslims and Jewish people,respectively.  Maybe don't even use religion at all as you never know who's marking.

If you must, the question can be re-formatted to something like "Using the example of Halal and Kosher food, to what extent should religious freedom prevail over animal rights?"

Alright, first of all you may want to find something other than "ritual slaughter." It implies barbarism and Halal and Kosher are very important Muslims and Jewish people,respectively.  Maybe don't even use religion at all as you never know who's marking.

If you must, the question can be re-formatted to something like "Using the example of Halal and Kosher food, to what extent should religious freedom prevail over animal rights?"

Oh you're right, I may offend some examinator :xx

But religion plays quite important role in politics in many countries, in Poland too, do your think I shouldn't write about it?

Thanks for the idea for RQ, it sounds nice :P

This is not exactly politics. This comes under human rights which is also offered at EE

You think so? Well, as I think of it now, you're probably right :/ But I've read the guide of human rights EE and it says the area of topis is very narrow and I don't take human rights, so I don't know if it'll be combatible with the syllabus :(

But religion plays quite important role in politics in many countries, in Poland too, do your think I shouldn't write about it?

This is not exactly politics. This comes under human rights which is also offered at EE

You think so? Well, as I think of it now, you're probably right :/ But I've read the guide of human rights EE and it says the area of topis is very narrow and I don't take human rights, so I don't know if it'll be combatible with the syllabus :( 

In our school also there is no human rights but our teacher has given us the syllabus for human rights

In our school also there is no human rights but our teacher has given us the syllabus for human rights

@kartikeya Really? :0 Was there anything about halal or kosher? XD

I agree that religion plays a great role in politics, the problem is that when it comes to religion, many people get emotional about it. It's very easy to offend someone even when its not your intention. There are other aspects of politics that aren't controversial that you could write about. Out of curiosity, what will you be your argument for your EE?