I haven't started my IA- advice?

somethingrotten

So, I need to have my HL Bio IA in before the end of this month. And I haven't started it.

I know this was stupid to put off for so long, but there's nothing I can do about that NOW, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to how I can go about finishing this. I had another IA I did for Bio late last year, but the lab design I made was frankly horrible with minimal opportunity for collecting quantitative data. Does anyone know where I can find some ideas to help me brainstorm for what to do? Any helpful words in general? Thank you so much.

So, I need to have my HL Bio IA in before the end of this month. And I haven't started it.

I know this was stupid to put off for so long, but there's nothing I can do about that NOW, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to how I can go about finishing this. I had another IA I did for Bio late last year, but the lab design I made was frankly horrible with minimal opportunity for collecting quantitative data. Does anyone know where I can find some ideas to help me brainstorm for what to do? Any helpful words in general? Thank you so much.

Get off this forum and go do it :)

If I were you, start with something you're interested in and then see where Biology can be incorporated into it. This will make the entire process much easier because you may actually enjoy it rather than just want to get it over with. You'll also have a lot more ideas about where you can incorporate Biology because you're not trying to learn about a topic AND THEN adding something more...if that makes sense...

• Like 2

Looking at the limited time you have, I'd suggest exploring a topic/experiment that won't take too long but still raise substantial data. I did mine on plants and it took 2 months just to grow them enough to experiment. In Bio HL, a lot of importance is given to data ANALYSIS, even more than the raw data collection. I'd suggest looking at fruits/ enzymes/food because these would be experiments that wouldn't take too long, while doing 3 or so trials would garner enough data to use a good test. 

Another option you have is to use a module or analyze data that has already been collected. The IA doesn't have to be on an experiment, per se, it's just that most of us prefer it. Research a bit, there's a ton of ideas other than actual experiments given in the Oxford textbook.

Stop thinking and start doing. Go to your teacher for tips, hound them until they give you some. You don't have much time, but you can still produce quality work if you start NOW.

Best of luck! :)