How many graphs is too many for an IA?

tashakappler

So my Math Studies IA is on gender and desired professional fields and there's only so much I can do with calculations (from what we have been taught to do) when it comes to two pieces of qualitative data. I've also taken into consideration the age demographic of the people who took my survey but the majority were around my age, so I only discuss that bit in the beginning and in the conclusion. I've got like 5 graphs just to make it look good so it looks like I've made an effort because it really did take me months to figure out what data to prioritise, but is there a limit for how many graphs you can include or will it look like a lot of waffle? I've got stacked bar charts comparing age and professional field for each gender, then pie charts for the percentage of each professional field for each gender, and a stacked bar chart to compare professional field with gender. For calculations all I could think of doing was finding the mean for age, then standard deviation, a chi-square test and percentages. 

This is an example for the male participants:

2016-03-13 (7).png

2016-03-13 (8).png

2016-03-13 (9).png

Hey there,

As far as I know, there's no set minimum or maximum number of graphs, it is all based on the context in which they are used. Does each an every graph you're using show a new and relevant side of the topic that supports your argument? Are you using the graphs in the analysis? Do they overlap in any way or form? If they are all relevant, then things are good - if any of these seem superfluous or irrelevant, you might want to reconsider using that particular graph. If you can justify the use of each and every graph, and actually use them in one way or another, then you're good to go. 

Good luck!