What is your hardest and easiest subject?

FChaosi_

• 7 months later...

I have a particular favorable array of subjects, mostly humanities-oriented.

I find the easiest maybe Literature HL, English B and Math. Studies. For these its like you don't even have to study outside class, as Literature is easy for me as well as english as a second language and math studies has mechanic questions which after you do tons of papers and discuss a lot of those questions in class, believe me there are no "surprise" questions.

In the middle maybe I would put History HL, because its hard to have maximum grades due to its less objective criteria and argumentative-essay style, but still it doesn't require me much to prepare for the test, like I know a few important events from each chapter and then I create my own arguments, which, if sustained, are valid. I am struggling to get a 7, but 5 or 6 is quite attainable.

The hardest are definitely Economics SL and ESS SL... they just require a lot of memorization and little interest and commitment from the students. They both contain very abstract concepts which, even though not fully explored like harder subjects like maths HL or Philosophy, the fact these are vague and abstract attempts, it makes it even harder for us students. Honestly, not my "kind" of subjects. 

This question is very personal as there are scientists, mathematicians, literates etc.

But personally I believe that Spanish AB or Geo HL are my easiest subjects even though I'm getting a 6 in both subjects, but that is because I put all of my effort into the subjects I want to take into university.

The hardest subject to me is Maths SL as I have never been great at maths, I was at a 2 at half yearly and busted ass to get to a 5 by the yearly exams.

From easiest to hardest for me (I'm in Year 1 right now):

Social and Cultural Anthropology SL (though it's a fantastic course) < Chinese B SL (I'm actually in level 5 right now, SL is next year. It's okay -- I've been learning the language for four years and I do well in the class, but I fear the IB test will be much harder than my tests in class) < Math HL (this probably isn't the hardest right now because my school does AP Calculus AB* the first year, and HL components the second year) < English A: Literature HL (I'm an English person, so I enjoy it a lot -- my teacher is very good, but she's brutal) < History of the Americas HL (densest workload possible -- but it's my favorite subject) = Physics SL (conceptually challenging in some ways for me)

*AP Calculus covers more calculus content than HL Math, but HL Math does way more than just calculus so I'm kind of screwed. Oh well, it'll work out.

Hardest: Biology/Chemistry HL

(I can't decide because my Bio teacher doesn't teach well or know things at all - however my Chem teacher knows a lot  and is okay at explaining; it's just the concepts)

Easiest: English lang & lit SL 

(Sure it requires hard work and lots of writing, reading and FOAs - but I don't find it a subject in which I have to learn too many new things to improve) The key is in out-of-class work!)

Hardest: Chemistry SL 
So far my only 6, and I'm WELL below the boundary. It just doesn't naturally click with me. 

Easiest: French ab initio SL
I find it unchallenging, a lot of intuitive details. Having done three years of Latin, concepts of grammar and sentence structure has come very easily.

Hardest - Math Hl and French B SL

Easiest- English (lang and lit)  SL and Economics HL

Math and french are driving me up the wall! Then again I haven't been any good at either since forever.

English and Economics on the other havn't much work at all. I hardly spend any time on them but manage to get relatively good grades :)

My current subjects 

1. Math HL
  2. Physics HL
  3. Economics Hl
  4. English SL
  5. Chemistry Sl
  6. French B sl

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest: ESS

Pretty much all you need in order to do well is read the book and sound passionate about environmentalism whenever you write.

Hardest: Physics SL

I can confidently say that our physics teacher has not taught us anything this year. He gives us a video to watch and then just doesn't answer any questions that we have. We are basically self-learning IB physics which makes it insanely difficult.

• Like 1

Easiest: Spanish B HL 

My first language and the teacher doesn't suck like the English A HL does. 

Hardest: Physics SL 

I'm sure it could be easier but let me tell you that Lester (teacher) doesn't help with that. On the other hand I do feel satisfied that all I've learned was 98% self-taught so there's that. If I can learn Physics SL by myself, then I can do anything.