7 subjects in IB?

ibkidmyanmar

Should I take the economic sl as my 7th subject in second year of IBDP? My friend said it is easy to catch up the syllabus content and only one commentary has done so far. And I am so interested in Economic. I didn't take it in 1 year as I thought I wanted to be some kind of engineer, but now I am sure that I am going for urban planning and design. Economic is something related to UPP.So ,should I take it? 

• 3 weeks later...

In all honesty I think it depends on what other subjects you take. In my opinion economics is quite easy and I don´t think you will have much problem catching up but it will still take time. Maybe check if you are going to need it for university because if it is not a requirement you may find it hard to balance out the work load (which definitely increases in your second year) and the new subject. Also bear in mind that you will have to self teach yourself a lot and be very responsible (I decided to take a 4th HL at the beginning of my second year). Finally it might be worth considering dropping something and switching if there is anything you are currently taking that you may not need at uni.

Predictions:

Eng A (Lang Lit) (HL): 6

Spanish B (HL): 7

Maths (HL): 5

Econ (HL): 7

French B (SL): 7

Biology (SL): 7

Visual arts (SL): 6

SL Econ is almost a joke course, especially if you're good at math and graphs. You could easily catch up. However, Year 2 is going to hit you like a pound of bricks because of mocks and IAs, so you might not have time to learn the Year 1 Econ stuff. For urban planning, check to see if Econ is required and if not don't waste your time.