Economics HL Revision-ADVICE NEEDED please help!

Hey guys, 

My exams are in May, which is A MONTH away! I have been trying to review for economics by doing past papers. The problem is...whenever I read through the questions I have minor(major) panic attacks because I realize I have forgotten all the information, arguments and diagrams from previous chapters(Micro, Macro, International), and I then immediately resort to my textbook. However this is not the case for some of the other information-based subjects I am taking, like Biology. 

I was just wondering, does it happen to any of you guys? Also, what do you find to be the most effective way to review for Economics? 

Another slightly unrelated question: does theory of the firm appear in EVERY SINGLE HL paper 1? If so, would you prioritize the HL topics because they seem to appear more? 

Please reply!:) Thanks in advance!

I am having exams in May too, the first major thing I must tell you is, Don't panic. 

I have also taken Econ, Chem and Bio HL :). The study methods between these subjects are very different. Usually when I am scared of doing my econ paper, I would flip to my textbooks and try to draw the diagram once, then closing my book to draw it again. Understanding why is it in this shape is vital for exams. One month until Economics exam in May is sufficient for you to revise everything in Econ. My most effective way is to jot notes, memorizing main points and doing past papers. I used to have fear against theory of the firm, but now after drawing numerous diagrams, I am not afraid of those collusive or non collusive  oligopoly anymore. 

Theory of the firm may appear in Paper 1, but seriously it's under microeconomics and at max only one out of two questions. (Yes that's the reality + we can choose!!!!! ) Still, revise for it. 

Best part of studying Econ HL is: Every chapter ties to each other, like Biology especially. Btw, which topic are you most afraid of? Me: economic development. 

Edit: I have done 2012 -2015 May and November Econ Paper 1, I have only seen Theory of the Firm for only 4-5 times. 

Edited by inriya
  • Like 1

On 2016年3月28日 at 8:12 AM, inriya said:

I am having exams in May too, the first major thing I must tell you is, Don't panic. 

I have also taken Econ, Chem and Bio HL :). The study methods between these subjects are very different. Usually when I am scared of doing my econ paper, I would flip to my textbooks and try to draw the diagram once, then closing my book to draw it again. Understanding why is it in this shape is vital for exams. One month until Economics exam in May is sufficient for you to revise everything in Econ. My most effective way is to jot notes, memorizing main points and doing past papers. I used to have fear against theory of the firm, but now after drawing numerous diagrams, I am not afraid of those collusive or non collusive  oligopoly anymore. 

Theory of the firm may appear in Paper 1, but seriously it's under microeconomics and at max only one out of two questions. (Yes that's the reality + we can choose!!!!! ) Still, revise for it. 

Best part of studying Econ HL is: Every chapter ties to each other, like Biology especially. Btw, which topic are you most afraid of? Me: economic development. 

Edit: I have done 2012 -2015 May and November Econ Paper 1, I have only seen Theory of the Firm for only 4-5 times. 

Hey inriya:) Thank you so much for you advices, REALLY helped me a lot. Right now I am just going through the book and focusing on things I am not that familiar with. Good luck and I hope you get into your dream school!