Confused by group 4 project

ammyyyyyyy1116

Hi, I was browsing the syllabus for bio 2016, and saw "A reflective statement written by each student on their involvement in the group 4 project must be included  on the coversheet for each internal assessment investigation. " 

So, what exactly is group 4 project? What  we need to do for it? Do we need to hand any report about it to the IB?

thanks for replying.

Edited by ammyyyyyyy1116
  • Like 1

I'm not an expert on the G4 project, and I think that how you do it depends on your school (in mine we had to come up with a strategy that would benefit the environment and present it in a science-fair kind of thing).  But it is a project in which you have to collaborate (usually in groups of three or four) with people from your class but who take different science courses (ideally you have one Bio/ESS, one chem, and one physics person per group). The G4 project is not graded; you get a Pass/Fail  (it's an IB requirement but no grading involved). It does not get sent to the IB, but you have to write a really short (I think it was like 100 words) reflective statement explaining what you did for your project; this goes in the cover sheet of your IAs. 

again, I'm not an expert, so anybody reading this: feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by eross
  • Like 3