English Language and Literature Paper 2 HL/SL

Salome Holland

54 minutes ago, shraddhaj said:

I thought the questions were harder than ever and a lot of them didn't even pertain to my books. I chose 5 because it was literally the only one I could justify with my texts.

Thats what I made it about. And then I also linked situations and the relationships between the characters.

Yeah, I also thought that a lot of the questions does not relate to the books I've studied. I wrote about the situation in both books where the characters depends on someone to live for despite their horrible situation, thus highlighting the importance of family and having someone to live for and by using specific stylistic devices the author is able to make the reader relate to their situation and the characters. 

I wrote about Q3, the one about names, and used The Collector and A Streetcar Named Desire. I thought it went well, but you never know. But looking at this topic (and the fact that nobody else in my class took that question), I may have the benefit of having written about a rarer topic. The questions were pretty difficult--that's why I took Q3, it seemed the least ambiguous and I was really afraid of writing outside the topic.

Guest iblearner

Question 1, the intolerance question. I talked about the intolerance found in Persepolis and Their Eyes Were Watching God. 

Felt like I could have written more about the intolerant, but I think I did fairly well. 

I think I chose Q4, the one about the term "artificial", I don't really remember what the number for that question was. I answered with Fahrenheit 451 and Pygmalion. I personally didn't find the questions really hard, almost all of them could be applied to the works I had read in class. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...