Biology SL papers 1 & 2, 2016

livethemoment

Guest iblearner

Right? It was unexpectedly difficult. Paper one was good, paper 2

well

it was not the best paper I've done, but I'm counting on Paper 1 and Paper 3, and my IA XD 

Guest iblearner
3 minutes ago, livethemoment said:

I honestly found it unexpectedly hard. I mean I personally knew very well about 85% of the course but I feel like paper 2 consisted of the 15% that I was uncomfortable with...

dude same :(( hopefully if the world's average is low they'll be lenient with marking? idk XD 

Just now, FrenchIB said:

Exactly the same for me ! I knew all the hardest chapters (eg: molecular biology) by heart and they didnt even ask anything on those chapters... so I couldn't show off what i knew haha

hahahah, ikr? 

Now how am I ever going to use all that knowledge? When will I ever use the carbon cycle or heard structure? :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livethemoment said:

hahahah, ikr? 

Now how am I ever going to use all that knowledge? When will I ever use the carbon cycle or heard structure? :(

Exactly !!! this is so frustrating... the amount of time I spent on learning how to draw the reproductive system or the cell membrane... all of that for what? 

• Like 1

I found paper 1 really hard actually :o Compared to all the past papers I practiced.. Paper 2 was okay, but still I was left with a feeling of; how am I supposed to show my knowledge through this exam?!? I felt like they left out so many important things! baahh

I chose the first question in section B. But the time...... Soo little time : ( 

I feel like I did okay, but I definitely feel like I could have done better. Some of the questions were mean. 

• Like 3

Guest iblearner

like, they didn't even ask a heart question. like um?

I made some really dumb mistakes in paper 2, and i just didnt like the paper in general. Paper 2 was bleh. 

• ~Lc~ locked this topic
  • alefal unlocked this topic

What did you guys pick for the ecology question where it asked to distinguish trophic level and site of digestion for a producer/consumer/saprotrophs/detritivores?

I chose Consumer, Heterotrophic, Site of digestion: Internal.

Basically, after excluding two choices that said saprotrophs/internal digestion and detritivores/external digestion, I was left with two other choices. It is especially odd because I couldn't find any information that tells me site of digestion of consumers...

• Like 1

omg please have low grade boundaries

this year's exams seems to be very difficult and too specific. 

IB is probably running out of things to ask students haha

Mine was TZ2 btw

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Seung Hun Han said:

What did you guys pick for the ecology question where it asked to distinguish trophic level and site of digestion for a producer/consumer/saprotrophs/detritivores?

I chose Consumer, Heterotrophic, Site of digestion: Internal.

Basically, after excluding two choices that said saprotrophs/internal digestion and detritivores/external digestion, I was left with two other choices. It is especially odd because I couldn't find any information that tells me site of digestion of consumers...

I wrote the exact same thing hahah

• Like 1

I personally spent my whole study break to study bio cause i never really got it and i managed to learn all of physiology-none was there, all of genetics-there was one question about the blood groups in pp1, molecular biology and so on...

I had a feeing that they just decided to put in all the not-so-important stuff that, however, is in the book so they thought "ah we didnt put this in a paper yet" and they just put in all that: meaning the methane and water properies, the experiments in pp3 and all.

All of my class did pretty bad so we're all hoping for lower boundaries.

What do you think?

• Like 1