Any way to drop literature entirely?

JaskaTheOm

Is there any way to drop literature entirely? I can't stand the subject and am frustrated with how difficult it is. I personally don't see the point in the subject as it seems pretty boring and useless ( at least for me ). Of course if you enjoy the subject, I don't mean to say that the subject should disappear entirely, but rather there should be alternative options to literature. Sorry if I offended anyone and thanks in advance.

Does your school offer Language and Literature in your Language A? Whilst it retains some of the aspects of Literature, it includes other text types and the FOA and Paper 1 is conducted differently - can't say anything for Paper 2 as I don't take it.

Edited by Guest

It doesn't appear so! At least one Language A, Language B if you only have on the latter, and Maths are the only things (can you use only in this context if it's half of what you can do?) you have to do in the IB - you can get away with not doing one of the other groups.