Math Studies Paper 1

AnastasiaVr

TZ2

I think I did okay, a few minor errors here and there that I should have realised during the exams but oh well :)

Paper 2 was more of an issue for me and I'm just here, waiting until we can discuss Paper 2 haha

1 hour ago, Khanh Linh Nguyen said:

TZ2

I think I did okay, a few minor errors here and there that I should have realised during the exams but oh well :)

Paper 2 was more of an issue for me and I'm just here, waiting until we can discuss Paper 2 haha

I think P1 in TZ2 was harder than P2 haha :P in P1 I was wondering about x intercept for the function 1+(1/2x). GDC showed it's -2 and when i calculated it on my own it was -1/2. Still don't know the answer. Do you probably know it? ;) 

TZ1

Paper 1 was pretty easy. I think I missed 3-5 points on the normal distribution one though. I never quite got normal distribution. I knew the mean, and I think I got the part that asked for the probability of something like 5000 to 6500 (can't remember the numbers), but I couldn't even answer the part that asked for 90% of whatever. Everything else was easy though. At minimum, I missed 3 points and at most, but I'm confident in all my other answers.

Paper 2 on the other hand...

57 minutes ago, tigryonak said:

TZ1

Paper 1 was pretty easy. I think I missed 3-5 points on the normal distribution one though. I never quite got normal distribution. I knew the mean, and I think I got the part that asked for the probability of something like 5000 to 6500 (can't remember the numbers), but I couldn't even answer the part that asked for 90% of whatever. 

Me too! I thought about calculating the inverse and put as the area 0.09, but i didn't understand whether i was supposed to calculate right or left tail. 

I was in TZ2 and I definitely made a few minor errors in Paper 1. But apart from that it went really well. For my classmates, a lot of them did not get the question about the grouped frequency. If any of you remember the answer you got for calculating 'a' in that question, please let me know I'm really worried about that one. 

I did TZ2 and thought that Paper 1 was better than Paper 2. For the years it takes for the investment to be double? What was the answer to that? I got confused because when I calculated it on my calculator I got 1.064. In addition to that, what did you guys get for the angle of the stairs? I got 60.8 something and thought it was strange tho. 

Crossing my fingers for a 6 :mellow:.

16 hours ago, wojtek said:

I think P1 in TZ2 was harder than P2 haha :P in P1 I was wondering about x intercept for the function 1+(1/2x). GDC showed it's -2 and when i calculated it on my own it was -1/2. Still don't know the answer. Do you probably know it? ;) 

I got -1/2 for the x-intercept as well so did another classmate of mine. So I'm hoping it's correct. 

1 hour ago, Kingofcs said:

I also got -1/2 

Is this for the calculus question of TZ2? If so, then I also got  -0.5... for the x-intercept. Then again, I used the calculator though :lol:. Let's just hope its correct since the majority of us, it seems, got the same answer

saw people talking about paper 2 so I guess I can complain about my stupid error now. The cumulative frequency graph, I can't believe it but somehow I messed up with the percentile, I kept thinking Q1 was 25% of the x-axis value when it was supposed to be the y-axis....

There goes my hope for level 7 in Math Studies...

11 hours ago, Khanh Linh Nguyen said:

saw people talking about paper 2 so I guess I can complain about my stupid error now. The cumulative frequency graph, I can't believe it but somehow I messed up with the percentile, I kept thinking Q1 was 25% of the x-axis value when it was supposed to be the y-axis....

There goes my hope for level 7 in Math Studies...

Was this the plants question?