IA help, macro on unemployment

Hi,

I have chosen the following article for my IA:  http://www.thelocal.es/20160428/spain-sees-jobless-rise-during-first-quarter-of-2016

However, I am a bit stuck on how to structure the whole commentary:

I was thinking:

1) Introduction: brief summary and definition of unemployment.

2) Diagram illustrating the rise in unemployment, with explanation of the diagram

3. Evaluating what the effects of this is

4. Possible solutions to the rising unemployment

Do you have any thoughts about this article and different policies I should write about etc? Again, I am just not sure on the whole structure and "set-up" of the commentary,...

Hey, if I were u I wouldn't choose this article for doing my IA on macro as unemployment is more difficult evaluate. I would personally do it on a monetary or fiscal policy carried out by some country as u can both explain it and also evaluate it. 

• Like 1

Yeah,  I think unemployment is so vague that you don't have enough words to make anything structured from the article... I don't see the article mentioning any policy and in order to refer to the article in your evaluation, as you should, there is really nothing but statistics which makes your job harder.

If you must use this article then your structure is ok. Evaluate also what kind of unemployment this is, as they mention seasonal rise of unemployment when it's not the peak tourism time of the year and if it really should be ignored or  should they provide training, make information more available etc.