Math SL IA (How long does your teacher let you do yours?)

Law0916

I'm pretty sure 1 week is the standard time, and the teachers actually have a limit as to how much time they can give you.

The IB Math SL syllabus says

The finished piece of work should be submitted to the teacher for assessment 3–10 days after it has

been set. Students should not be given the opportunity to resubmit a piece of work after it has been assessed.

One week is what our teacher gives us, but that's plenty of time as long as you keep up with it. <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's so strange! We always get two weeks: same as for Science IAs (lab reports, mainly; the Group 4 Project took more like a month). But I don't really think it's necessary with that much time; the only good thing with it is that it gives students some flexibility. Since we don't all have the same subjects, our amount of work really varies, so being able to choose the second weekend rather than the first after being given the assignment to concentrate on the Maths IA is quite good.

However, I still maintain that the Maths IAs should go die in a fire.

Our HL class is allowed to hand in the portfolios whenever we like. We were given them in september with basically no direction and told to have them in by January.

OMG. Is that even allowed?! Because if it is, it's definately cheating!

Plus, we are only given one period in class to look at it.

Edited by lindieeluieee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i remember we did ONE IA last year and we had a 10 day limit

although it got extended by just a bit (another 3 days extra) because our teacher had to go to a conference somewhere so he hinted that he wouldn't be able to tell who had placed their papers on his desk on the friday it was due or in the morning on monday -_-

but i think 10 days is the limit placed by IB?

i remember we did ONE IA last year and we had a 10 day limit

although it got extended by just a bit (another 3 days extra) because our teacher had to go to a conference somewhere so he hinted that he wouldn't be able to tell who had placed their papers on his desk on the friday it was due or in the morning on monday :D

but i think 10 days is the limit placed by IB?

That happened to us too. Our teacher had already handed them out but was leaving for his IB conference (he's new). Basically he flat out told us he was only supposed to give us 10 days, but that he didn't care as long as we had them the day he got back -_- So we had an extra weekend

• 3 weeks later...
My Math SL teacher is only letting my class of 4 people including myself one week to complete the ai portfolio. The IB program has only just started at my school (2 years). So I was wondering, is one week the standard time to do the portfolio?

well our school is 1 year old and so far we have had at least 3 weeks to do our MATH IAS :D