jude_kook

My CS was great, exactly as I'd hoped. My portolio and exhibition however was nowhere near what my teacher esitmated me to be, so I have a sneaky suspicion that some sort of technical error occured. I had my exhibition sent in for re-assessment, so I hope that pays off.

My CS was great, exactly as I'd hoped. My portolio and exhibition however was nowhere near what my teacher esitmated me to be, so I have a sneaky suspicion that some sort of technical error occured. I had my exhibition sent in for re-assessment, so I hope that pays off.

how did you access detailed results? I was only able to view the percentage? 

how did you access detailed results? I was only able to view the percentage? 

I got my report from my IB coordinator, as I had to resend some English Lit as well, so I saw the enormous difference. In the report, you can see the points that your teacher predicted you to get, and what the moderator gave you. So I saw my teacher predicting my exhibition to 24 marks, but the moderator only giving 15. That set some alarm bells ringing, as similar differences had happened in my English WA, and some other exam scores were waaaaaay lower than what I'd expected. I think you get have the report if you just ask for it, but I dunno if your school has some sort of policy on that.

I got my report from my IB coordinator, as I had to resend some English Lit as well, so I saw the enormous difference. In the report, you can see the points that your teacher predicted you to get, and what the moderator gave you. So I saw my teacher predicting my exhibition to 24 marks, but the moderator only giving 15. That set some alarm bells ringing, as similar differences had happened in my English WA, and some other exam scores were waaaaaay lower than what I'd expected. I think you get have the report if you just ask for it, but I dunno if your school has some sort of policy on that.

I forgot to care about my other subjects once I saw my final art score hahaha. I think I really should check my report asap, and hopefully something will happen to balance out our grades??? It sucks cause this is so serious and sort of determines our future???? 

I forgot to care about my other subjects once I saw my final art score hahaha. I think I really should check my report asap, and hopefully something will happen to balance out our grades??? It sucks cause this is so serious and sort of determines our future???? 

I got a 5 in the end, but it does feel off, I've been a 6 since I started IB, and only because my teacher "didn't want me to get disappointed if the IB only gave a 6" so yeah... But only the Comparative Study and the Exhibition can be reassessed, according to my coordinator, some technical ting about the portfolio. But yeah, I hope that I somehow get to a 6 instead.

Right I'm not an arts student or even a candidate for this exam session but just a reference you might find handful for considering remarks; here's the grade boundaries for this May 2016 Exam Session: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Th53yz8m6vaWVBVnE4TDBwYjA/view (Grade boundaries for VA have increased rather significantly since last year)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On July 10, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Ditteee said:

I got a 5 in the end, but it does feel off, I've been a 6 since I started IB, and only because my teacher "didn't want me to get disappointed if the IB only gave a 6" so yeah... But only the Comparative Study and the Exhibition can be reassessed, according to my coordinator, some technical ting about the portfolio. But yeah, I hope that I somehow get to a 6 instead.

According to what I understood, they remark the exhibit and process portfolio? Isn't the comparative study an "internal assessment"? The most terrible art grade of mine is my portfolio's so I really hope they remark it....  Do you have any idea how long it would take for the reassessment marks to come out?

My CS was a 7, so we didn't resend that, but my coordinator said the portfolio couldn't be resend, so I only did my exhibition. I dunno why, though. They can't put any dates on, my friend already got her's back, but I haven't gotten mine yet.

On 7/20/2016 at 10:13 PM, jude_kook said:

According to what I understood, they remark the exhibit and process portfolio? Isn't the comparative study an "internal assessment"? The most terrible art grade of mine is my portfolio's so I really hope they remark it....  Do you have any idea how long it would take for the reassessment marks to come out?

The IB Visual Arts assessment works as follows:

Internal Assessment:

Exhibition (marked out of 30 points maximum and externally moderated), worth 40% of your final grade

External Assessment:

Process Portfolio (marked out of 34 points maximum), worth 40% of your final grade

Comparative Study (marked out of 42 points maximum at HL, marked out of 30 points maximum at SL), worth 20% of your final grade

You can find the IB Visual Arts Guide for 2016 for your reference right here: https://www.tacomaschools.org/foss/IB Guides/IB-VisualArtsGuide2016.pdf

You should be able to ask for a re-mark for any of the three components, but I would check with your IB Coordinator. 

• Like 2

On July 21, 2016 at 0:59 PM, Ditteee said:

My CS was a 7, so we didn't resend that, but my coordinator said the portfolio couldn't be resend, so I only did my exhibition. I dunno why, though. They can't put any dates on, my friend already got her's back, but I haven't gotten mine yet.

have you received your new marks yet?? I'm still unsure if I should get remarks since I'm 8 marks away from a higher level..

On 7/30/2016 at 0:08 PM, jude_kook said:

have you received your new marks yet?? I'm still unsure if I should get remarks since I'm 8 marks away from a higher level..

I got my remarked work back, but there was no change whatsoever - every single point was the same, as was my English (how the hell that even works, or the chances of it happening is beyond me) so I got nothing out of it. 

If you don't have to pay for it, do it. But generally, unless you're 3-4 points from a higher level, you should avoid it, because it's unlikely that such a big chance will happen if a technical error isn't present. 

On 10 July 2016 at 1:57 AM, jude_kook said:

how big was the difference?? I had a 7 for predicted and received a 4???? I feel so strange because I feel like I couldn't have done any better tbh...

really?? I was predicted a 6ish 7 and I ended up with a 3.. my guide wasn't the best i guess... anyway.. I'm 4 marks away from the next grade.. should I try for a remark??

On August 1, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Ditteee said:

I got my remarked work back, but there was no change whatsoever - every single point was the same, as was my English (how the hell that even works, or the chances of it happening is beyond me) so I got nothing out of it. 

If you don't have to pay for it, do it. But generally, unless you're 3-4 points from a higher level, you should avoid it, because it's unlikely that such a big chance will happen if a technical error isn't present. 

I'm sending my bio and english for remarks and both are 3 marks away from a higher level??? do u think I should I go for it???

On August 4, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Its Me said:

really?? I was predicted a 6ish 7 and I ended up with a 3.. my guide wasn't the best i guess... anyway.. I'm 4 marks away from the next grade.. should I try for a remark??

tbh I'm sending all subjects that are < 3 marks away from a higher level, but don't know if I'm fully confident in my decision. art marks are more likely to change than group 4s for instance, so I probably would have resent mine if I were you

• 7 months later...