The way IB grading works is that the final grade is a combination of the other ones, not an average or anything like that. We don't know if that 5 was closer to the lower or upper boundary, or if those 7s are high or low, or if they will get marked down heavily. E.g. in SL maths, I had a 6 in P1, 4 in P2 and 6 in IAs, but got a 5. 

• Like 1

Agree with previous repliers: you need to add up the weighted raw scores so it's out of 100, then convert to a scale out of 7, based on that year's published boundaries. Typically IAs worth only 20-25% of final grade, so they are not as significant as external assessments. If you get 34 out of 40 on an IA that's worth 20% of final grade, then you have accumulated 17 marks for your final grade out of 100.

Back to your question, probably a medium 5 to low 6.

This question is not that easy to answer because it really depends on if you get a higher 5 or a lower 5  in the external exam. 

Assuming you do Biology HL (I think you are talking about Bio right): IA will count for 20% and the rest is 80%. For example, currently Biology IA is out of 24 (not 40), so if I assume you get 21/24 (87%, moderate 7) then in the exam around 65% , you will get around a medium 5 to a higher 6. The external exam has a much heavier weighting in terms of the final grade. Personally, my IA just got a 5 and my exam got a 6, so I got a 6 in the end. 

Your IA solely cannot carry you to a high grade if your EA is not as well performed.

Hope my analysis helps.