BIO SL OR B&M SL FOR PSYCHOLOGY?

rhea.lakhiani

So i just started IBDP a month back and I'm mostly going to pursue psychology in the future.

My current subjects are: 

English A Lit HL

Psychology HL

Chemistry HL

Biology SL

Math SL

Spanish ab 

But I'm not really enjoying biology and I'm considering switching to b&m SL from bio SL. Is it easier? And will it sabotage my plans to pursue psychology?

If you are planning to study in the UK, taking B&M SL will not affect your plan to take psychology, as far as I'm concerned. To be really sure, check out the university requirements- they should list out any prerequisite or preferred subjects for psychology. :)

Whether it is easier or not will depend on which subject you prefer- if you prefer the B&M course over biology, then perhaps you might enjoy the course a lot better.

Yeah, probably would say go for it, although, if you are going to do it - Do it HL and drop Chemistry to SL. 
At my school, of the 86 IB students, over 3/4 do Business. The overall sentiment is that its very easy, although very boring. It could be described as a big game of rote memorisation of charts, lists etc.

So, yeah, it would make your IB program significantly easier so, I see no problem. Although, evaluate the syllabus and see if its really for you.