Story books that you love and enjoyed the most !

Hey there!

I know this is a lame idea of mine, but still giving it a try

I always love reading story books and novels.

My all time favorite is The Hardy Boys (undercover series) and my favorite among the brothers is Joe Hardy.

I like Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice [the film was actually awesome]

Even I find Sara Denssen's The Truth About Forever awesome.

Well I'll just be glad if you can suggest or recommend books

Or even describe the books and spoil the story for those who've not read it before.

Just share your thoughts about your favorite book.

Hi,

My two uttermost favourite books of all time, are I'm the king of the castle by Susan hill and Into thin air by Jon Krakauer. Mainly drama's/Thrillers, one is fiction the other is based off of real events. Both though, are extremely good reads. Highly recommend. 

Enjoy! :) 

Edited by Oscarthecat3

Hey hey hey!

To be honest, I rarely read fiction. A recent book I read was Station Eleven, by Emily St. John, and that was a really nice read. Another fav book is 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' by Lionel Shriver. Damn, that was one heck of a gripping and chilling book!

Also, a GREAT teen fiction novelist is Ellen Hopkins... her teen novels have teen protagonists, and are written in free verse. They're dark, gritty, they discuss the really harsh/brutal aspects of life (think suicide, mental illness, drug addictions, rape etc.), and sometimes don't have the nicest of endings. But they are oh-so-compelling and take you into the mind of the character!!! Take a look at them- providing you can handle really crappy things happening to the protagonist :D 

happy reading!!!!

PS. I'm also a total Potterhead. If you haven't read the books, READ THEM :P

As a kid I found CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore absolutely hilarious. The "Ranger's Apprentice" series by John Flanagan was also great.

All time favorite series is the Inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini. That thing is crazily captivating and it has helped me with my writing as well. The imagery and story is incredible. I first read it in grade 7 and I pretty much read it through once a year (I'm now 17, but still a kid at heart aha).

Also, I recommend reading "A Song of Fire and Ice" by George RR Martin. I mean GOT is a great show but nothing replaces the books. It's very real and thrilling.

To echo my fellow Canadian above, Harry Potter is an absolute must-read. It's the fundamental of a good story and also helped me learn English :)

Happy reading!

• 2 months later...