WT I help - Blandinavia

Hello everyone! I am writing my WT 1 for English L&L and have choosen the article "Blandinavia" (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-362369/Blandinavia.html), but I have some issues finding my angle. The article is essentialy about a brit visiting norway and explaining how it is seemingly perfect, but bornig and the poeple look unhappy. I was considering writing a diary entry from a norweagians perspective, or about how we need contrast to appretiate the good things and be happy. This is just some ideas, any suggestions would be amazing! I really need a 7...

Thank you, I will be eternally grateful!

Hi there!

Whichever method you choose to write your WT, you should always remember that the WT must answer at least one of the learning outcomes of the syllabus. For example, if you are writing based on Part 1 of the course, the three learning outcomes are:

1. Analyze how audience and purpose affect the structure and context of texts
  2. Analyze the impact of language changes
  3. Demonstrate an awareness of how language and meaning are shaped by culture and context

I'm not sure which part of the course you're planning on using in your WT, so I'm not able to help in terms of how you can relate your WT back to the learning outcomes. Writing a diary entry is perfectly acceptable, as long as you link it back to at least one of the learning outcomes.

It might also help to familiarise yourself with the mark rubric for the WT if you haven't already done so, to make sure you have all the criteria covered to get the score you want :)

Let me know if you need any other additional help!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2016 at 0:28 AM, Marie S said:

Hello everyone! I am writing my WT 1 for English L&L and have choosen the article "Blandinavia" (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-362369/Blandinavia.html), but I have some issues finding my angle. The article is essentialy about a brit visiting norway and explaining how it is seemingly perfect, but bornig and the poeple look unhappy. I was considering writing a diary entry from a norweagians perspective, or about how we need contrast to appretiate the good things and be happy. This is just some ideas, any suggestions would be amazing! I really need a 7...

Thank you, I will be eternally grateful!

Sorry, not to do with IB at all, but damn, that article! I spent a year in Norway as an exchange student and I saw maybe one or two people who felt like that! What angle are you thinking of writing of?