Supplies for preIB and tips

peachygurl

I will be in PreIB in two weeks and I'm so anxious and excited about it!! I want to have all the things prepared perfectly and do my best this year (I always say that to myself but then you know what happens :P). I already have 2 A4 5-subject notebooks (they're so heavy, but this system works for me so well, I never forget my notebooks), a separate notebook for maths, few folders and a 1inch binder (I will definetily need one for history bc our teacher gives us tons of handouts).

What are the other supplies i should buy? 

Do u have TOK in PreIB? I can't find it anywhere. Do u need a notebook for TOK?

Any tips for future IB student? 

Highlighters are very useful (or at least I thought so), and also sticky notes for smaller notes that can be placed directly in the book. Also a planner is very necessary so that you don't forget or miss any deadlines. I didn't want to keep everything in the calendar in my phone because I thought it was easier to just bring the planner to class and write the information down when I receive it.

Hope this helps and good luck! :) 

EDIT: Also, I didn't have TOK in Pre-IB. Some schools do have it, some schools don't. If you can't find anything about it on your school website you probably won't have it. And try to always do your work as soon as you get it, I know this is very obvious but I just wanted to add it anyway.

Edited by heynow

I worried about those things also. You don't have to worry about things until you have it, but still don't worry. ToK is in the DP program (11-12).

To make things lighter

1 notebook holding your essay paper

thin notebook for each class (forces u to not write everything down)

Pens (I have note taking pen and an essay pen)

Sticky tabs especially, the best ones are the ones rip at the ends. Don't know if US sells them but it's on Amazon, kind of expensive but worth it, especially when reading ur eng book

highlighters of course ( what I do is I don't take notes of articles on my notebook, I highlight facts and use the pen marking for my critical thinking on the artical, this helps for future essays.

I have so much to say becuase I figured so much out, but it would be better if this was in person, but I will stop here.