IB Transcripts and Admissions

UptightSalad

Hello,

So I'm applying as a gap year international student with my final IB grades ready. On the common app, I submit my grade 12th mid-year grades as my mid-report and my final grades IB grades as my final report. Now I'm not quite sure how universities consider IB school scores. I had a rather deep blip during my mid-year scores, and went to a 36/42 on my mid-year (34 average I believe?). I got myself together in time for my final IB grades and pulled myself up to a 43/45, the top in my school. My SAT is 1460 but I'm going to retake it this October.

Now, I'm planning on applying to Amherst and a few Ivy league universities (UPenn, Dartmouth etc..) and so I'm wondering whether my relatively low IB 12th grade scores would weigh me down? My school doesn't calculate GPA, so would universities pay more attention to my grades 9-12 grades than they would to my final IB scores? At the end of the day, would that 36 kill my application?

What do you think?

Thanks!

Hi I think you double posted by accident. 

Your final grades are much more important than midterms. They ask for midterm only because most students don't have final marks available at time of application. I can't say you'll for sure get accepted, but if you were to be declined, it will not be because of your midterms. Congratulations on achieve such good scores!

• Like 1