MLI URGENT HELP!

D-ALPA

Hello! 

I need urgent help regarding my topic for my music HL MLI topic. I initially chose Voiles by Debussy vs. Xe Chi Luon Kim, a Vietnamese folk song. I couldn't find any links however. 

Then I talked to my teacher and she suggested to research for music that fits the Vietnamese folk song. Anyone have ideas? I cannot find any. Maybe even a whole new MLI comparison? 

Thank you!

IMSLP00509-Debussy_-_Preludes__Book_1.pdf

xe chi luon kim.pdf

Hi,

From doing the MLI I know that finding links can take quite some time, and is often a very difficult and irritating process, but, you'll eventually find some links.

To help you out, I'll have a look and see if i can find some links in the music above =).

I'll try to find something in the next 30 min or so.  

Edited by Oscarthecat3

Alright :turned:, so, so far I have noticed that both pieces rely predominantly on modes. In the Debussy, it is rare that you can establish the key, and is often modal, pushing towards  Atonal at times. I would argue that the Debussy is mimicking the Pentatonic Scale which is a 5 note scale, that can also be found it the Xe Chi Luon Kim. The use of chromaticism creates this modality. (Just take into consideration that I may have made mistakes in the analysis, so, please check with your teacher first =)

For music sharing links with Xe Chi Luon Ki or Vietnamese Folk, i'd suggest looking into, Eastern European music, or south American. My best advice is, to, listen to the piece, and find similar links in the sound of the music; and then look into the actual music of the piece. This is what I did for mine, and it worked a charm :)

I hope this helps you find some more links!  

If you have any more questions don't hesitate and ask! ^_^

Edited by Oscarthecat3
  • Like 1