Could participating in competitions count for CAS?

rIBosome

Hello there! :sandwich:

I'm moving into my final year of IB and my CAS has been quite plentiful last year. Unexpectedly I was accepted into a modeling competition (which is very time consuming and a lot of effort) and now I am a semi finalist. I asked my CAS coordinator if this could be a project and she said "anything can be a project as long as you prove it".

My question is: Because I am not getting any money or rewards in the competition - so far (the final 3 winners do so there is a probability), what is a way to justify this modeling competition as a CAS project.

Thank you! :irene:

• Like 1

Oh wow we got a model among us! :nicole:

It's not too hard to justify anything for CAS, as long as it's something you really wanted to do. It could probably count for both creativity and activity, since you probably learned some stuff and I could only imagine the physical strain of modelling. Add a lot of pictures as evidence and fill your reflections with things you learned or enjoybale memories/experiences you got from the competition and it should work out great!

• Like 1