How many works for the IOP for a Self-Taught student?

Rey

I'm doing self taught lang A and I've just gotten the questions for the Individual Oral Commentary. At the same time, my teacher has assured me that for my Presentation, which will be recorded at the same time, it will be enough if I only talk about one work. However, the syllabus says that the presentation should be about at least two of the three works studied in part 4 under the self taught heading. It also says that the mark scheme is the same as for SL taught students. But, the SL mark scheme says that the presentation should be about one work or multiple works and it seems to imply that the default presentation should be about only one work... So, is it one work or two works for Self taught students? If it's two works, how many marks would I lose if I only used one work for my presentation?

According to the Official IB guide, it seems to be that self-taught students have to do it on two works. It may be that the mark scheme has combined both the criteria of the self-taught students and the students studying it in school (who have a choice as to how many texts they would like to do). I would follow the syllabus and do my presentation on my two works, since there would a great deal of marks involved if you only did it on one.

If possible, contact your teacher and confirm with your teacher about the number of texts.

Thanks for the answer! This is what I thought, sadly. It is also what she originally said, at the beginning of our first year. I guess she must have mixed it up with the taught students' marks. Either way, I'll ask her again the next time we 'have class' just to be on the safe side.