managing dance classes and ib

ravenclawib

It's all in time management, really. During IB1 and a good portion of IB2 I went to Zumba twice a week (all in all took round 2h), which also counted as Action in CAS. I also went to French lessons twice a week after school, for like 1.5h, which counted as Creativity. I don't see a reason why you wouldn't manage to do dance classes. It's really important to keep a hobby during the IB to not go insane, and one that involves physical activity is even better cause it really helps you unwind. Plus, it counts as CAS. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just started the IB program, I am taking 4 ballet classes a week (4h, 3xweek). So far I have been able to handle both. I am planning on counting it as both my creative and active hours. I also work and participate in my schools math club, hoping to count it as my creative hours too.Time management really do matter as I always try to my homework before dance and so far so good.

• Like 1

You can absolutely do that.  In the first year of IB, I did gymnastics once a week, ice skating twice a week, volunteered on Saturdays, and also did debating, which was training once a week and a debate once a week.  So it's completely possible for the first year!

This year, I've done gymnastics twice a week and kept debating during the first half of the year.  I could not have kept my IB1 schedule in IB2, but it's still important to keep doing something *other* than studying, or you'll go insane.  Being busy also means you're more efficient and spend less time mucking around, pretending you're doing work.

Tl;dr: I would definitely recommend you keep up dancing.