how to accomplish "ethic"?

sia xu

I attended an activity of HOME OF SILENCE. In this activity, we take care of amentia and cooperate with teachers to give those guys lessons such as music, drawing, writing...

i associate this activity with "ethics" but my teacher asked me the reasons. And it is quite difficult for me to answer. "How much we should endeavor ourselves to help these people?" i think this question has various answers which are able to arouse the ethics questions because of different answers answered by people.  The teacher refuted my thought. What do you think and how to accomplish the  ethics? im fairly confused.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure how exactly ethics can be targeted but here are some of my ideas:

1. Think of peoples' feelings

2. Think of their culture - example "removing your shoes when entering a temple" (not a big one to be labelled as 'the ethical choice' however :P )

3. Thinking about whether what you are doing is right - example will your offering to fundraise only for a child's surgery disadvantage the other children? It's like a conflict

We were shown a video in which some people agreed to help out at a fish-head-cutting factory (not sure what it's called - I'm vegetarian)                                                and these people hurt their feelings by showing open disgust at the working conditions. And the woman in the factory said "I tried my best to welcome them, but they hurt this by showing their repulsion, I didn't think they'd agree to work however."

Try your best at understanding this, I get confused time and again as well :)