Is irregular diploma the best choice?

xodaline

Hello everyone!

Recently, Poland's government has passed a law which requires taking Polish A Literature. Because of this, I am now forced to change the subjects I've chosen and I would REALLY appreciate your help! I plan to study medicine either in England or in the French-speaking country. I have 3 choices:

• Polish A Literature SL
  • English B HL
  • Economics SL (not needed, as I would like to study medicine)
  • Biology HL
  • Chemistry HL
  • Mathematics SL

The second choice is to try to get an irregular diploma, where I would ommit group 3.

• Polish A Literature SL
  • English A SL
  • French HL
  • Biology HL
  • Chemistry HL
  • Mathematics SL

The third choice is taking an extra higher level French class.

• Polish A Literature SL
  • English B HL
  • French B HL
  • Economics SL
  • Biology HL
  • Chemistry HL
  • Mathematics SL

My question is: which choice will improve my chances of getting into top UK/French universities? Is it better to take English A SL or English B HL? Lastly, will irregular diploma and lack of social studies decrease my chances?

I don't know about French universities, but taking an irregular diploma will not decrease your chances to get accepted into any university in the UK unless you're applying for a humanities course. You'd need special permission from the IBO,but if you're able to get that, taking economics at sl or not taking economics at sl won't matter as it's not relevant to your subject choice. There are plenty of people at my school doing this.