QUESTIONS (new to IB)

Zoey7

Hey guys! I am new to IB and I have a few questions. :rolleyes:

1. Do school assignments count towards the final IB grade? 
  2. Does the school mark my EE or do they send it to IB? 
  3. I am planning on doing medicine in Uni, does this mean I should do my EE on chemistry or biology? 
  4. What subjects is it easier to do your EE on?
  5. When do schools usually publish the predicted grades that you use to apply for university? (I heard that schools use the year 11 final exam results to draw your predicted grades?)
  6. Is there a grading for CAS? Or is it just a pass and fail thing? 
  7. Was your school strict about CAS? 
  8. Is the final report card that you use to apply for university published by IB or published by the school?

Thanks guys. :D

(Sorry if I sound like a dummy haha.)

11 minutes ago, gracey said:

Hey guys! I am new to IB and I have a few questions. :rolleyes:

1. Do school assignments count towards the final IB grade? 
  2. Does the school mark my EE or do they send it to IB? 
  3. I am planning on doing medicine in Uni, does this mean I should do my EE on chemistry or biology? 
  4. What subjects is it easier to do your EE on?
  5. When do schools usually publish the predicted grades that you use to apply for university? (I heard that schools use the year 11 final exam results to draw your predicted grades?)
  6. Is there a grading for CAS? Or is it just a pass and fail thing? 
  7. Was your school strict about CAS? 
  8. Is the final report card that you use to apply for university published by IB or published by the school?

Thanks guys. :D

(Sorry if I sound like a dummy haha.)

1. Only Internal and External Assessments count towards your final IB grades. Your homework, tests, in-class essays, mocks etc. - don'. 

2. EEs are externally marked. 

3. You don't have to, though it might be useful to do it so you can show commitment to medicine. 

4. Group 3 subjects are pretty straightforward EEs, but it depends on where you strengths and interests lie. Nothing worse than doing an EE in a subject you don't care about. 

5. Depends on a school, but usually before university applications. What they base them on is up to the school, but most schools use mocks to predict grades. 

6. No grading, it's a pass/fail.

7. Mine wasn't strict at all, there were people finalising their CAS after the exams lol 

8. Not really sure what you mean by report card, tbh. If it's during the IB, then it'll be produced by school. IB will only issue you with the diploma once you've passed, and you can ask them to pass your results on to the universities you applied to.