Choosing for IB CP subject

Snake_

I am now in grade 10, and next year going to take IB, but I don not know exactly which subject to take.

From next year onwards, my school is starting the IB CP. I am planning to take microbiology for the course.

But except for biology and the language, I have to choose at least 2 subject from Ib.

I am planning to take

Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Computer Science for HL

Mandarin for SL

my question is 

Is it possible to take 5 HL subject? 

Is it better to take IB DP than Ib CP?(I have very bad scores for english)

• 1 month later...

I think you may be underestimating HL subjects. If you feel you're capable and your school allows it, go ahead, but is it truly necessary to take 5 HL subjects? You also only have one language - you need at least two if you're taking the full IB Diploma.

I only know about the IB DP:

Most schools only allow two sciences at the most, and my school really does not recommend more than 3 HLs. The IB is about being a BALANCED person - you should be doing two languages according to the IB (your first language is recommended to be included.)

I suggest that you take your school's other non-IB option if you want to be so science focussed. You really should consider what general direction your career is heading. Chemistry is a must for science, so you should choose between Biology and Physics. The workload will be very crazy for you if you take more than 4 HLs. (even then, 4 HLs is not recommended.) 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I don't know if you are aware of the amount of work that an HL subject required. As I can see you are planning on taking mostly scientific courses which I did not take but I know people who did and I can tell you that HL in those subject is really hard. You should only take 3HL as it is recommdnded and the others ones take them in SL and have 7s which is quite good.