MATH IA- MONTE CARLO SIMULATION

Aly.em

Don't spam caps like a rager?

At least give a brief explain on what the **** is a monte carlo simulation?

Had to google it myself to even get an idea of what it is.

Whilst the topic in itself might have enough maths commensurate for even HL, I suggest actually applying it on something that you can (relatively) easily collect data in. For example if you take Business & Management, you can maybe collect data on different financial investments (thereby tying it into the mathematics involved in finance) from a business through surveys for the probability of a certain outcome, but still focusing on the mathematical aspects of the Monte Carlo probability by creating the probability distribution of it all. Even a tree diagram somewhere might work. 

Also, you might want to discuss it with your teacher if it's a viable idea.

Edited by IB`ez

13 hours ago, IB`ez said:

Don't spam caps like a rager?

At least give a brief explain on what the **** is a monte carlo simulation?

Had to google it myself to even get an idea of what it is.

Whilst the topic in itself might have enough maths commensurate for even HL, I suggest actually applying it on something that you can (relatively) easily collect data in. For example if you take Business & Management, you can maybe collect data on different financial investments (thereby tying it into the mathematics involved in finance) from a business through surveys for the probability of a certain outcome, but still focusing on the mathematical aspects of the Monte Carlo probability by creating the probability distribution of it all. Even a tree diagram somewhere might work. 

Also, you might want to discuss it with your teacher if it's a viable idea.

Dropped the idea of Monte Carlo Simulation.. Doing on Gabriel's Horn now :D

• 4 years later...