(URGENT!!) SL HL Criteria differences?

sq00131

Hi guys,

I'm writing this because of questionable things happening in my Language A literature class. As you might know, Language A HL and SL has separate criteria. For example, maximum descriptor of SL criteria in paper 1 and 2 is 'very good' while HL's maximum is 'excellent'. My class has HL and SL students altogether, and when we had assessment, my teacher give all of us grade accordingly to HL criteria. I'm in SL, and every time when I take paper 1 or 2, I always get 3 to 4 points deducted from my actual SL score. For example,  if my paper is actually a score of 19, my teacher gave me 15. Do your literature teachers also same as like this? Or, do you think there's problem with my teacher and inform to IB coordinator?

Edited by sq00131

• 4 weeks later...

If you're concerned you could speak to your IB coordinator, but first I would recommend speaking to your teacher and asking why they've chosen to mark you this way. It's possible they're doing it to motivate you, or they could even have forgotten you're an SL student! (It happens)

Your exams aren't until May 2017, so the marks you have now will have no effect on your final score anyway, don't stress.

Also, unless you have a new course, the criteria are the same for SL and HL for the WIT essay (though obviously not for Paper 1 and 2).