Possible University Courses?

beast22ros

So, I just started IB and the classes I've chosen are;

HL: Art, Econ, Lang and Lit

SL: Spanish A, Environmental Systems and Societies, and Math Studies

What I'm worried about is my possible university course possibilities. I'm interested in art, but don't know if it's what I want to do as a job, I'm skilled in photoshop and 3d all that, but I'm wondering what can I actually study in university with these classes? They don't have to be art focused, I would just like to see what possibilities I have.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hey fellow,

I have a similar subject spectrum, except for Visual Arts. I also share your appetence for creative crafting, though I am more inclined for Literature and writing. Pal, there are several options you can take: either you pursue journalism and communication or marketing (it also focuses a lot on creativity, in spite of not being intrinsically linked to Visual Arts... you can take Architecture if indeed your 3D perception is accentuated, painting, photography or something like Video Game design or Film and Television or something like that very visual. I am thinking about applying to this course in the UK but just as a "Plan C", because it is not my priority on the short-term; now I am going to take a more solid course like Law or Literature and then do a postgraduate on Film in one of the most, if not the most, renowned colleges in the world, the UCLA, in the US. But as you know it is not a "safe" degree, and believe me I am one of the most supportive people when there are encounters between money and passion on academic paths, but reflect about this first... remember what you cannot do now, you may be able to do it later so don't worry!

But you re still on your 1st year so your main concern now is studying your ass off to get awesome grades and not be hindered by any entry requirements. I am gonna take off as I should be studying now so I hope I helped       

6 hours ago, Richard Stifler said:

Hey fellow,

I have a similar subject spectrum, except for Visual Arts. I also share your appetence for creative crafting, though I am more inclined for Literature and writing. Pal, there are several options you can take: either you pursue journalism and communication or marketing (it also focuses a lot on creativity, in spite of not being intrinsically linked to Visual Arts... you can take Architecture if indeed your 3D perception is accentuated, painting, photography or something like Video Game design or Film and Television or something like that very visual. I am thinking about applying to this course in the UK but just as a "Plan C", because it is not my priority on the short-term; now I am going to take a more solid course like Law or Literature and then do a postgraduate on Film in one of the most, if not the most, renowned colleges in the world, the UCLA, in the US. But as you know it is not a "safe" degree, and believe me I am one of the most supportive people when there are encounters between money and passion on academic paths, but reflect about this first... remember what you cannot do now, you may be able to do it later so don't worry!

But you re still on your 1st year so your main concern now is studying your ass off to get awesome grades and not be hindered by any entry requirements. I am gonna take off as I should be studying now so I hope I helped       

Please refrain from reviving old topics.