Bio IA topic good enough?

Vicky Palami

Hello! 

I´ve been thinking about my Bio IA and I had an idea but now I have to change it. I´ve come up with something but to be honest I´m not sure if my topic is good enough for Bio SL, so I´d appreciate if any of you could give me your opinion. My topic:

I would measure the sweat rate per hour of 3 men and 3 women practicing 3 different sports. Some studies have showed that men tend to have a bigger sweat rate than women so my experiment would try to support that hypothesis. 

I feel like the experiment is too easy, and apart from doing some calculations to get the sweat rate and plotting my results I don´t think I´m doing a really deep analysis. 

Maybe I can change it up a little bit, but I would like to know if any of you have any ideas on how to make my topic a better choice for my Bio SL IA.

• 2 months later...

I think you have a good ia topic. There are some issues. Can you experiment on humans cause IB has thing this where using humans in an experiment can be unethical. Be careful when doing your experiment. If you can use humans, use more people. Concentrate on only one sport so this experiment can be easier for you.