ESS IA AND TEACHER IS HORRIBLE

Nutella_lover

guys my teacher literally doesnt guide me about my ia as in if its suitable for me to do please i would really appreciate if someone could help out.

what ill be doing in my ia is taking soil (in in which rice grows) from an inorganic and organic farm and comparing their ph, organic matter and nitrates to see which one is has the best soil which rice is grown in 

Please someone give me feedback!!!!!! im in a very stressful situtation

• 2 months later...

I agree, I think your IA is good. If your teacher is not helpful at all, you should probably talk to your IB coordinator or principal and politely inform them on how he/she isn't guiding you on assignments they should be guiding you in. If it continues like this, you can also use online resources on how to write a great IA.

Good luck!

On 27 de setembro de 2016 at 0:01 PM, Nutella_lover said:

guys my teacher literally doesnt guide me about my ia as in if its suitable for me to do please i would really appreciate if someone could help out.

what ill be doing in my ia is taking soil (in in which rice grows) from an inorganic and organic farm and comparing their ph, organic matter and nitrates to see which one is has the best soil which rice is grown in 

Please someone give me feedback!!!!!! im in a very stressful situtation

Pal,

There is not much to do as to the situation with your ESS teacher. You re on your 2nd year, on the verge of turning in all of your IAs, so what you really need to focus in is doing a hell of an investigation, original and following the ib "philosophy". I also have teachers which I don't particularly like, don't worry.

I like the topic, though what is your title or RQ? You have to be more specific than just saying "organic farm" and "inorganic farm". What is the major difference between the two? What variable do you believe accentuates the most a variable which you find important to study? Is it the pH? The organic matter, maybe? Idk I am just giving you hints on how you can specify your work and make it "interesting" and pertinent for the IB. The idea is good indeed, so go with it.

Hope I helped and by this time you have your ideas more structured. If you do, please tell me what are you doing for your work.

Cheers,

Richard 

Hi!

In my school teachers are not big helpers as well, what I did is to look up for the IA IB guide for ESS and search old samples to take an example about the structure of your IA, I could get a really good one, if you wish I can pass it to you. An important point is to get united with your class and never be afraid of asking them, they can be your saviours and in my opinion mutual help is the best thing.

I hope I helped you somehow :) all the best!