Tok Essay - "Who am I?"

astonky

Hi everyone,

Our TOK teacher has given us a practise essay (1,100 words) on the topic "Who am I?"

Would you answer the question "Who am I?" in response to your personal life, or would you analyse the question and try to find a common "I"/ define or describe your perception of "I" ?

Your feedback would be of tremendous value.

Thanks.

I have no idea how your teacher teaches, but I'll tell you what my teacher told us when we had to write our first reflection: "For the reflection, write what you feel and don't try to overcomplicate things. There is no right or wrong, only accurate arguments. Let these reflections be something you do after a long day of school, and let your thoughts flow."

ToK has no limits, I'd say. Write what you think is appropriate, and you should be good to go.

I am [first name] [last name] as well as I am a human.

11 words

1089 words to go *facepalm*

"Write what you feel" 

This kind of questions make people feel blank (at least me) so it's not the answer.

What I would recommend is maybe saying that you are part of a society and maybe talk about humans and their history. What I mean is that while answering that question, answer related questions as well in your body paragraphs. Introductions and conclusions should only be about that specific questions.

If all else fails, "fluff up" your essay by describing the meaning of words you would otherwise write or you might as well connect sentences more.