ERGENT: How do I convince my teacher to give me a higher prediction

Jackaltangent

I am pretty good academically . getting a predicted of 39.I wanted to go to Oxford / Imperial to read Maths. I am convinced I can do it because I got something like 72 in the 2015 MAT ( The counseling office proctored the mock). I was predicted a 6-7 by my last Maths teacher.And because I bombed the first summative test this year by getting a low 6, she is gonna give me a 6! Totally ruining all my chance to go to my dream schools. I try to reason with her, but she just won't budge. What should I do now ? Is there any chance I can persuade her to give me a 7? (Otherwise I have to wait for the November update, and have to get literally 18 or 19 out of 20 for the IA and get every test done impeccably, and ditch oxford in order to save schools like Imperial).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Edited by Jackaltangent

Hi Jackltangent, 

I would suggest talking to your school's IB DP Coordinator. Each school has their slightly different policy on predicated grades, which is in-line with IB's general guidelines and policies. Your coordinator would be best to help you, unlike people on this forum, who are not aware of the school's policies and most not aware of the IB's guidelines. 

Meanwhile, if all else fails, you have the mathematical exploration at your behest. It's your chance to get the 7 you want! Considering you have had such good scores in the MAT and your IB Mock Tests, I am sure you are very interested in mathematics and I believe you can do it :) 

Hope you go to the university you wish to :) Good luck!