International law

Yasmina k

Hello!

So this is my first year IB i already know what i want to study but i am so confused with all the terminology such as LLM, J.D, BA, BSc, and GDL. I am also confused if International Law is an actual course or do you just get to travel and practice law in any given country? Also do u first enter an general law course or do you go directly do ur desired section like for example corporate law. And if I am a foreign student do I need to show evidence that i am fluent in english by taking an exam or does the IB count?

Lastly does anyone know an online IB biology tutor that I can access 

thanks!

Arrowhead has already replied to you here: 

There's really no reason to start two topics about the same thing. 

International law doesn't exist as a course. It is physically impossible to learn the law of 200+ countries. You'd probably need to spend your whole life just learning that, and I'm not sure it'd be enough time. 

Great majority (if not all) law courses in the UK are 'general'. There are prescribed modules that every law student needs to take to later be able to qualify as a lawyer. 

If you're taking the IB in English, you should be fine without a language test, but check with the universities you'll be applying to. 

LLM, - you get if you do a masters degree in law

J.D, - it's an american title 

BA, - Bachelor of Arts (you wouldn't be getting that at most unis)

BSc,  - Bachelor of Sciences (you wouldn't be getting that)

GDL - Graduate diploma in Law -> it's for people who did they undergrad in a different discipline but want to become lawyers. It's a postgraduate course. 

You'd most likely be getting an LLB upon graduation from a Law degree. 

• Like 2