Do you have to meet all 8 learning outcomes in CAS?

TheTroll73

Yes, you do - at least twice for each. They are:

1. Increased their awareness of their strengths and areas for growth.
  2. Undertaken new challenges.
  3. Planned and initiated activities.
  4. Worked collaboratively with others.
  5. Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities.
  6. Engaged with issues of global importance.
  7. Considered the ethical implications of their actions.
  8. Developed new skills.

Could you please give an example of how the following learning outcomes can be achieved:

1. Increased their awareness of their strengths and areas for growth.
  2. Planned and initiated activities. (do you mean that you have to make an activity yourself for CAS?)
  3. Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities.
  4. Considered the ethical implications of their actions.

The other outcomes are straightforward and I do understand them.

Thanks again.

• Increased their awareness of their strengths and areas for growth.

Basically you're going to talk about how an activity showed your strengths and weaknesses (e.g. we had to work together in order to effectively do xx and I discovered that whilst I communicated my own ideas efficiently with others [strength] I could improve on listening to other people [area for growth/weakness]). This can be done by literally doing anything. 

• Planned and initiated activities. (do you mean that you have to make an activity yourself for CAS?)

Kind of. Either you can make your own activity (e.g. a group) or you can 'inherit' one, but basically you need to organise something (e.g. an event that raises awareness about something, a competition of some sort that has x intention, etc.)

• Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities.

Your activities need to last for at least a decent amount of time so this will be achieved naturally. To talk about this you could talk about how it was clashing with something, or perhaps a day where you didn't want to go but did anyway. You could talk about how you chose one activity over one another because you felt of some responsibility, etc.

• Considered the ethical implications of their actions.

This, for me, is basically one of the easiest since many things have ethical considerations. Anything involving anyone younger than you/a leadership role can be about your behaviour being appropriate (e.g. remaining respectful, knowing potential consequences of your actions, etc); anything around sports could be about sportsmanship which is very broad; you could talk about the impact on your actions and how may they be biased and sway others unwillingly or pressure others, etc.