MATH SL IA HELP!!

swiftraptor

so my question is " how does club head speed affect the distance of a golf ball" im just worried that this is too simple, im doing it on correlation as i find that the easiest (if you have any other topic suggestions please tell me) 

however i was thinking about changing it to "how does club head speed affect spin and distance of a golf ball" is this better and if so how do i do a correlation with three variables.

Thank you!!

Keep it to 2 variables so you can narrow your focus. 

A few questions:

1) How are you going to measure club speed? Do you have a time lapse camera to help you do this?

2) How will you measure the distance from the point of contact to where the ball lands? Wouldn't the vast distances a golf ball can travel cause inherent inaccuracies.

A suggestion: What about the probability of making a putt vs the distance from the hole? This would be easier to measure since you can:

a) measure the distance from the hole easily

b) make multiple putts for each distance away from the hole to calculate the probability of success.

Let me know what you think.

11 hours ago, IB Math Helper said:

A few questions:

1) How are you going to measure club speed? Do you have a time lapse camera to help you do this?

2) How will you measure the distance from the point of contact to where the ball lands? Wouldn't the vast distances a golf ball can travel cause inherent inaccuracies.

A suggestion: What about the probability of making a putt vs the distance from the hole? This would be easier to measure since you can:

b) make multiple putts for each distance away from the hole to calculate the probability of success.

I have the measurements ready, using a 50,000$ device pretty accurate. im doing 2 independent variables and one dependent using multiple linear regression since its more fitting for SL, however i have to teach my self the topic since we didnt take it.

thanks!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/3/2016 at 3:56 AM, IB Math Helper said:

A few questions:

Do you mind expounding on your suggestion? I would like to know about how exactly this could be measured.