Chemistry IA Topic help

Enne

Hi guys,

Please help! So I have a few topics in mind but I don't know if they are suitable for IAs

They are :

1.Determine the ph and concentration of acetic acid in Silver Swan vinegar using acid-base titration.(I don't know the independent variable though. also can I just look for concentration or ph for the IA instead of both?)

2.Does the concentration of Monosodium Glutamate affect waters boiling point?

Thank you very much!!!!!!

1) For both SL and HL, there should be a purpose to the experiment. For example, how is it useful to know the pH of the vinegar? For example if you are to titrate multiple brands of vinegar maybe you can do something with the comparison across brands? You need more data point to allow for detailed analysis. 

2) Consider looking up Rauolt's Law and Henry's Law, and how these laws relate to boiling point elevation. 

Thank you very much for your advice!

for the first topic would this be a better IA topic?

Does the concentration of acetic acid affect the pH of the salt solution created in a weak base and weak acid titration?

Edited by Enne

@Enne

It's hard to tell which is better from just a short description. A successful topic should be explored thoroughly under a well-written procedure. 

The concentration affect pH at all points. You should prove this for your self, using the Henderson–Hasselbalch Equation.