SUBJECT CHOICEC HELP: Pyschology vs Geography

Peanut_Butter

PLEASE help,

Picking my subjects for next year and I don't know whether to do pysch or Geography! My subjects so far are:

Math

Lang/Lit

Ab initio Spanish

visual art

physics

and idk between pysch or geography?

It will most likely be one of my high level subject, which ever one I choose. Is geography less content and easier? I'm worried that with my art folio, that picking pysch, which I've heard is really content heavy, I'm going to be drowning in work. They both seem just as interesting as each other. PLEASE GUIDE ME 

I can only speak for geography, since it's the one offered at my school.

To be honest, I'd choose psychology if I had the option. Sadly my school only offers geography and history, so there wasn't that much of a choice. Then again, it's me, not you.

Many say geography is much easier to score a 7 in, and that's why many take it as their 3rd/4th HL for a better overall score. I cannot say whether this is true or not, as I take it at SL, but I can tell you that at standard level geography is a very easy and straightforward course which requires little memorisation and more connecting between topics & common sense. Sure, there are case studies you have to memorise, but it's the same case with psychology. Many say a 7 in psychology is really hard to get, but again, someone who actually took it should voice their opinion here as I don't want to spread false information.

In my opinion you should choose what's more interesting to you, because it's something you'll have to spend 240 hours in school learning about. Choosing the easier option will not help you much in the long run, as there is nothing worse than studying something you hate. If I were you I'd look at the two syllabi and compare them to see which one is better for you.

Hope that helps.

since i took both at HL i could give you some advices..

geography at the beginning requires you to use ur common sense plus little memorising. You will find it relatively easy if you have done it before and if you are good at BSing... However there are alot of case studies that you have to be familiar with.

psychology is entirely essay based, and the least you have to write for a short answer q is around ~200 words. If you are not good at writing (in a short amount of time) then it will be challenging. There is also an entire library of case studies to memorise.. 

in my opinion psychology is really really interesting!!!!