Should I change from the CP to DP? (Re-do IB1)

Zero

Hello all, first post so apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Spoiler

For the sake of anonymity the profile and details are incorrect, as I don't wish to impact my school's rep, nor be in trouble with the school for this, it's gotten out-of-hand as it is. 

I'm currently part of the IBCP (Career-program) in field of art, having just started IB2. However, I am currently thinking of switching to medical for various reasons, and would need to drop to DP and catch up on Chemistry, Bio (HL) and Math (SL), and probably switch from English L to L&L (as Lit is too confusing, even with a PG 6). So four subjects to learn. The remainder 2 subjects I'm quite confident in. 

I am not 100% strong in sciences/math (personally know I'll enjoy physiological and anatomical aspects more in med school) but have been offered to go to tutoring to make up holes in my foundation for those subjects in order to get my foot into the university door. I don't quite self-study well, I'm probably better working with someone/a teacher. Friends and family are split between my options, and further split between if I'm suitable for medicine or not.

My options currently are to go back to IB1 and start immediately in Year 12 (catch up on everything/relearn and graduate a year late) or to finish the CP and continue on to foundation/A-levels/SATS to meet the non-IB requirements, as the CP would not meet the IB requirements, even with a graduate entry.

Fees to do the one year foundation (not sure about A-levels but must be approximately the same) are the same as re-doing IB and I will also need to do the UKCAT. Quite limited in terms of choices using the IBCP, plus international student status. Deadline to register for UKCAT is over anyways, I think. 

So I'd like to ask for your view as a stranger on this situation. What should I do? Additionally, do you think the medical schools will care about the change?(Quite competitive and academic-oriented but they also allow for graduate entry/entry from other fields as long as you meet requirements.) Even if I were to stop pursuing medicine, would re-doing the IB be better options wise? Current cost for one year at the university I am attending is six years at a local one, so finances (and being only child to support parents and family) have to be taken into consideration as well. :S

My deadline for an answer is due next week (this situation has also unfortunately impacted everyone around me and caused a lot of strain). I will be calling the medical schools I wish to attend tomorrow morning on whether this will impact my application (especially as my reasons for career change relate to the CP program and my experiences).   

Thanks for any help that can be offered! 

Edited by Zero
Additional Clarifications/Edits

Id say definitaty switch from CP if not going to meet Pre-uni requirements, what's the point of continuing it. 

As far as what programme you should switch to, I'd encourage you to switch to A levels. You've said science and Maths aren't your strong suite and IB would require you to do Maths, Science and then some (humanities, language and/ or literature or lit and Lang). Maybe... you're better off focusing on just the required science a levels for medicine (Chemistry + another science/ maths) and whatever other additional subjects you'll do instead of having to take the compulsory IB requirement. Subjects as well. 

All the best! 

Hey ChocolateDrop! 

Thanks for the answer! I talked to an A-level center today, and they said that they'd recommend me to just re-do the IB, as they said the grade boundaries for a 7 in HL Chem are easier than A* (85% vs 90+%). Now's just the deciding factor if I should really re-do IB! Thanks for the answer!