Biology HL IA bad first draft

Eden71

Hey, 

So I just got my IA result and it is very bad. I got a 9/24. 

We only get 2 weeks to fix the IA and Im scared that I wouldnt be able to fix it 

The teacher did write comments, but they are a bit confusing and even after reading them I am not so sure how to fix it and get a better grade. 

Can anyone please give me tips or send me a private message so that I can talk to him about it? 

Is it even possible to get from a 9 to a good grade? 

Thank you 

Last year, I got a 8/20 on my psychology IA

Although I haven't received my scores back, I know that you can improve your grade by a lot.

I would recommend looking at the criteria carefully and make sure your assignment meets every single possible point to a great extent. This requires a lot of work and it's really painful, especially since you have a lot to do. 

If your teacher didn't write write clear comments, definitely schedule a time to meet during lunch or something to go over it. The IB only lets you have one set of written feedback, but you can have oral feedback as many times as you want. As far of sending the message, just do something like:

Dear Mr/Ms. ___

I would like to schedule a time for us to meet. This is regarding my Internal Assessment - I have some doubts on how to improve my grade and thus need clarification. Please let me know a time we could meet that will benefit both of our schedules.

Thanks for your understanding. 

- your name

Good luck.