I'm going into IB next year and I'm not quite sure about my DP classes:

HL:

Psychology, Business and Management and English lan

SL:

Math Studies, ESS and German B 

What do you think? What is it good for? How hard are the classes? I'm a little unsure about business hl and what it focuses on so if anyone has any experience, can you tell me something about it? 

Your IB is very easy (easy relative to IB standards). If psychology is what you're going for, that's good enough. However if you want to take business you should have maths SL.

I don't take business but my friends tell me it's a fairly easy course, however HL will probably be slightly more time consuming. English lang is the most time consuming subject you have, since you will have to do very detailed and specific chapter notes on the books you study.

But again, you have an easy IB. Don't worry.

I agree with joanapt. Your courses should be good for psychology, but if you want to go into business or economics, SL Math would really help you out if you have the choice. You're also lacking in the natural sciences (chemistry, physics, and bio) a lot, but I'm assuming you don't want to go into those fields anyways. But do check the course requirements for universities you're interested in - for example, I see Cambridge requires HL Math for its economics course.

As for what Business and Management entails, you can look at the course brief here. I think it basically focuses on teaching practical applications of business management in 'real-world' situations and what have you.

However, the most important thing though is to like your subjects! No point in studying something you absolutely hate. 

• 1 month later...

I am taking Business HL and Maths SL, when you are in the finance chapter there are for sure maths but I think studies is fine. You just need to apply the formulas given and understand them so if you are willing to stay in Business HL it's ok.

ESS is you are not that good in science or not interested (like me), it's quite interesting. You do not do much difficult things like physics or chemestry but, you learn about ecological and environmental problems. Plus, the subject in itself just required to learn a bit by heart and think logically about not complicated stuff.

English BHL is the easier subject to take in HL because as you are doing the IB you generally know how to speak English. Paper 1 is texts with questions and paper 2 is writing two texts: one of  250/400 words and another of 150/200. It is really not complicated, easy to get a 6 or 7.