act MATH HELP??

abelkoontz

I'm really bad at ACT math. I can't seem to quite get a grip on how to approach the question. i'm doing well in IB SL Math (6/7s) , but ACT math just really hits me hard and I just don't know how you approach questions, espcially since most of them are all wordy questions . aeoifaoeij Can someone give me some tips 

Hi! 

I got 36/36 for ACT Math and IB 7. I understand that ACT and IB are different, not much in contents, but way of asking. 

Firstly, do not have fear towards ACT Math, fear can make math much harder. Secondly, I would recommend you to actually search for ACT Math exercise book / past papers to practice, just like you do in IB.  If it is very wordy, underline keywords and especially "what answer does the question want"? Use methods like elimination in MCs can help. 

Good luck (: 

Edited by inriya

29 minutes ago, inriya said:

Hi! 

I got 36/36 for ACT Math and IB 7. I understand that ACT and IB are different, not much in contents, but way of asking. 

Firstly, do not have fear towards ACT Math, fear can make math much harder. Secondly, I would recommend you to actually search for ACT Math exercise book / past papers to practice, just like you do in IB.  If it is very wordy, underline keywords and especially "what answer does the question want"? Use methods like elimination in MCs can help. 

Good luck (: 

THANKS FOR ANSWERING BOTH MY ACT QUESTIONS!! I'm just really bad at ACT overall D: