Hi, I am currently grade 12 in taking the Diploma program. My problem is in grade 11 I started out with pretty good scores but have since went on a downward trend. I can't get the scores I used to so I'm really worried. My grade 11 end scores were 37/45. But now I'm really hoping for a 38/45. My other subjects are on track like for HLs I'm guessing I'll get predicted 766, but my SLs are really suffering. From getting constant 6s in Biology term exams in grade 11, my recent exams are coming back as bare 4s...And for math, from once a middle 4, I'm getting 3s and 2s. If I don't do anything I'm sure I'll get predicted 4 in Bio and 3 in math which is really unacceptable. I'm a hard worker, I always do my homework and study appropriately in class time. Do you think it's possible if I grovel I can move my bio to a 5 and my math to a 4? Or is it a lost cause? 

Ps. for Biology I'm still counting on the progress of my IA to make a difference...

One rule: Never give up! Of course, it is possible with more hard work! Just be confident in yourself and you'll be surprised to see the results you get :) Make sure you're studying at least 2-3 hours a day at home as well, and focus more on Biology and Maths. Maths is just practice, practice, practice - here are some great SL notes to help you, Also, do as many maths SL past papers as possible! As for Biology, as you know it has a lot of content so just memorize a lot, I guess (even the nature of science stuff because I heard they put that in the may 2016 paper .-.). You have so much potential, you can achieve your goals. <3 

• Like 1

Thank you so much you're so sweet! I'll study much harder and work my ass off. I'm worried because as you can see the date, applications are due soon. I'm applying to early decision on November 1 so I'm not sure if studying much will make a difference cause there isn't anymore tests/quizzes before it's time to send in my application...At this point, I'm counting on my essay and extra currics. You really made my day though! I was feeling really glum before but now I'll just try harder. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, RachelDarma said:

Thank you so much you're so sweet! I'll study much harder and work my ass off. I'm worried because as you can see the date, applications are due soon. I'm applying to early decision on November 1 so I'm not sure if studying much will make a difference cause there isn't anymore tests/quizzes before it's time to send in my application...At this point, I'm counting on my essay and extra currics. You really made my day though! I was feeling really glum before but now I'll just try harder. Thanks again!

Glad to hear that :) Oh sorry I'm new to the whole IB thing lol. Btw, there was a problem with my cousins 12th exams because of health problems and she got into a university BECAUSE of her essay! That piece of paper does wonders, lol.

Many people's marks decrease during the first half of IB2.  The work gets harder, and the deadlines get more intense, but you haven't adjusted yet.  Think about why your marks have decreased.  Are the questions more difficult, and you don't know how to study them? Do you not have enough time to do your homework and practise for exams? Have the marking standards got higher? Each of these has a different solution, but they all come back to some form of time management (so you have enough time to prepare for exams), and efficient and useful study.  Don't worry too much about the mark decrease, with some more work you'll be able to improve again!