Impossible for IB-students to get into Swedish university!!

Carroline

Hi!

I currently have an urgent issue. In Sweden there will be a change next year that will make it near impossible to apply to universities here. We still have time (ca 3 weeks) to influence this and hopefully stop them.

The change will mean that to get into medical school for example at Lund uni it will take 44 points, which is crazy compared to Oxford's standard offer of 38 points. They are saying that 45p (IB) = 20,0 (Swedish) which is not true because many Swedish students get 20,0 but only 24 IB students out of ca 11 000 has gotten a 45 in Sweden in the past 10 years. We beg of you to sign our petition. Follow the link below please 

https://www.change.org/p/ulf-melin-uhr-se-stop-unfair-conversion-of-swedish-ib-students-grades?recruiter=609563969&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I also go to an IB school in Sweden, and this was worrying me a lot. I actually only found out about it yesterday, and I did some more research and talked to my IB Coordinator, and it's basically UHR (universitets och högskole rådet) that we're saying that they were CONSIDERING changing it, as they changed the grades for Swedish students, but there has been so much protest that they've backed off quite a bit, and it'd be a disadvantage to Swedish universities anyway. Anyways, most people at my school don't think it's something to worry about as it seems like a very unofficial and ridiculous statement that they are already regretting.

• Like 1