HELLLLPPPPPPP

Charles_a

Hi guys,

Im currently in second year of IB and I'm at a 30 without extra points, keep in my mind I haven't really been doing anything though all I did until now was the strict minimum. Do you any of you guys know how I could improve my grade to around a 36 or more?? If so, what should i do (specifically)

HL: Chem (5), Biology (6), English A Lang and Lit (5)

SL: Math(5), Mandarin B(6), History (4)

Thanks!!!

Edited by Charles_a

Just from a quick glance, I'd say the fastest and easiest way for you to improve your grades would be in English Lang Lit, Maths, History, and probably Chinese B to an extent.

I don't take History, but the following should apply: make sure you know your concepts inside-out, practice essay-writing skills to ensure coherence and organization in your responses -- try to get good feedback in this from fellow students or even your teacher. History isn't the easiest of Group 3 subjects, but a 5 shouldn't be unachievable, especially considering you haven't put in that much effort yet. 

As for Maths, make a list of your strengths and weaknesses, sorted by specific topics e.g. a strength would be Integration by Substitution, and a weakness would be Binomial Theorems. For each of your weaknesses, go to the corresponding chapter of your Maths Textbook (Haese is decent) and work through several of the problems in that chapter. Once you get a better feel for them, go do the Review Set or even past paper questions related to that topic. Do this for each of your weaknesses, and you'll be able to secure a 6 without too much difficulty.

For English, have you finished your FOA, IOC, and Written Tasks? For HL, you're going to need to submit a Written Task 1 & Written Task 2. Are your grades in those assessments optimal? If not, make a lot of improvements to them based on the feedback from your teacher. If they're too ****, go make a completely new one -- you're allowed to receive one full feedback from your teacher on them. If you still have an upcoming FOA, prepare for it about at least a week prior, and make sure that it's good. Practice in the days before your presentation. Lastly, like Histroy, practice your essay writing skills and get feedback on them. For Paper 2, you're going to need to have a strong core knowledge of your 3 works, which means not only knowing their themes, motifs, symbols, characterizations, other stylistic devices inside out, but also being able to compare them.

For Mandarin, I suggest practicing your writing in general. Can't say too much about it -- my chinese sucks. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by IB`ez

2 minutes ago, IB`ez said:

Just from a quick glance, I'd say the fastest and easiest way for you to improve your grades would be in English Lang Lit, Maths, History, and probably Chinese B to an extent.

I don't take History, but the following should apply: make sure you know your concepts inside-out, practice essay-writing skills to ensure coherence and organization in your responses -- try to get good feedback in this from fellow students or even your teacher. History isn't the easiest of Group 3 subjects, but a 5 shouldn't be unachievable, especially considering you haven't put in that much effort yet. 

As for Maths, make a list of your strengths and weaknesses, sorted by specific topics e.g. a strength would be Integration by Substitution, and a weakness would be Binomial Theorems. For each of your weaknesses, go to the corresponding chapter of your Maths Textbook (Haese is decent) and work through several of the problems in that chapter. Once you get a better feel for them, go do the Review Set or even past paper questions related to that topic. Do this for each of your weaknesses, and you'll be able to secure a 6 without too much difficulty.

For English, have you finished your FOA, IOC, and Written Tasks? For HL, you're going to need to submit a Written Task 1 & Written Task 2. Are your grades in those assessments optimal? If not, make a lot of improvements to them based on the feedback from your teacher. If they're too ****, go make a completely new one -- you're allowed to receive one full feedback from your teacher on them. If you still have an upcoming FOA, prepare for it about at least a week prior, and make sure that it's good. Practice in the days before your presentation. Lastly, like Histroy, practice your essay writing skills and get feedback on them. For Paper 2, you're going to need to have a strong core knowledge of your 3 works, which means not only knowing their themes, motifs, symbols, characterizations, other stylistic devices inside out, but also being able to compare them.

For Mandarin, I suggest practicing your writing in general. Can't say too much about it; my chinese sucks. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated