how are we all with EEs (may 2017)

IB`NOT`ez

So yup, as the title says; here's where you can post/whine/rant your thoughts and feels about how you're doing with your ee without any judgments! :D 

Me personally, drowning so much -- the stress has never been so real. Added like 700 words of (WHAT I HOPE IS) quality writing this week, then cut out a large chunk of bull****; actually ended up with 2200 words from initial 2700 words T_T *sighs*

Edited by IB`ez
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Befuddled said:

As my username says: BEFUDDLED!!

No idea if I'll be able to find info on my possible topic/ or if it is good enough: The effects on farmers of a declined rice production in Thailand, specifically central Thailand, due to drought....

Ahhh f***

ahahah well good luck on finding your topic!

You've still got a good amount of time to work on it -- spend it wisely! :) 

I've had to change my topics twice now. After making detailed outlines for both of them :mellow:. I'm not too annoyed by that since both topics are related to my current topic. I aim to get my outline does by this week, hopefully.

2 hours ago, IB`ez said:

Me personally, drowning so much -- the stress has never been so real. Added like 700 words of (WHAT I HOPE IS) quality writing this week, then cut out a large chunk of bull****; actually ended up with 2200 words from initial 2700 words T_T *sighs*

Just a suggestion, don't worry about the word count and the quality of your writing right, especially if its your first draft.  I had (and still do) a tendency to randomly stop in the middle of the writing and go back to fix up my original work. It just ended up taking so much of my time and I wouldn't make my progress on the assignment. Now, I  find that I'm more relaxed about my writing and when I go back to read, it's not as bad as I thought it would be :)

26 minutes ago, taywhite said:

A group of friends and I are spending the day at the library working on your EEs. Our final drafts are due in 5 DAYS. :lc:

Good luck! You can do it! (Y)

7 hours ago, taywhite said:

A group of friends and I are spending the day at the library working on your EEs. Our final drafts are due in 5 DAYS. :lc:

Man that's grim -- but should be cool though to work it out with a bunch of friends together :D 

I've had to change my topics twice now. After making detailed outlines for both of them :mellow:. I'm not too annoyed by that since both topics are related to my current topic. I aim to get my outline does by this week, hopefully.

Just a suggestion, don't worry about the word count and the quality of your writing right, especially if its your first draft.  I had (and still do) a tendency to randomly stop in the middle of the writing and go back to fix up my original work. It just ended up taking so much of my time and I wouldn't make my progress on the assignment. Now, I  find that I'm more relaxed about my writing and when I go back to read, it's not as bad as I thought it would be :)

Good luck! You can do it! (Y)

Damn, feel a bit better about what I have now, thanks! 

Edited by IB`ez

I am doing my EE in economics about the impact of Fairtrade (especially with the concept of price floors). It is a topic that I really care about. however, it has been soo hard and finding reliable, not too old sourced has really been a struggle. The essay is due next Friday so I´ll have to work my ass off this weekend to finish it, oh right, I´m an IB student so I also have biology IA and Swedish WA in next Friday. 

Are they trying to fry us alive?

All kidding aside, right now I just got to wrap it up and write the final stuff and I´ll be good. 

On 16/10/2016 at 9:58 PM, IB`ez said:

Oh man noo... As someone doing English EE, all I can say is that this is so stupid...

Heyy

EE is going horribly for me atm!

I've changed.... THE SUBJECT!

I'm doing one in English A now - although it's not literature but language. It's Category 3 (C3).   Is it any similar to language B english?

Or completely different? I haven't found too many English A language EE examples :beccacalc:

On 20/10/2016 at 2:30 PM, Franklin said:

I am doing my EE in economics about the impact of Fairtrade (especially with the concept of price floors). It is a topic that I really care about. however, it has been soo hard and finding reliable, not too old sourced has really been a struggle. The essay is due next Friday so I´ll have to work my ass off this weekend to finish it, oh right, I´m an IB student so I also have biology IA and Swedish WA in next Friday. 

Are they trying to fry us alive?

All kidding aside, right now I just got to wrap it up and write the final stuff and I´ll be good. 

Ahh That's great you managed to do most of it! 

I had problems with language (I'm not Thai *cry*) and reliability so I had to scrap Geography :( 

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to manage, great topic though!